Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Finally Until



Hello blog. It's me. Remember me?

You probably don't, it's been quite awhile since we've spoken. But I'm back, for the most part, and I still love you--even though I've neglected you into quiet submission.

The last few weeks have been chaotic and strange, and I wasn't sure if I could hold myself together let alone a little old blog like you. But never fear.

I moved into a new place last week--it's a big yellow house on a hill overlooking Bellingham bay. I have a little downstairs room with a big, beautiful view and very white walls. It's been one of those moves where it feels like your whole world has tilted a little bit, and it's taking me awhile to get my balance again. Today was a good start--the sun lit up all the white sails on the water, a woodpecker perched on the telephone pole on the alley below, and I started my final ever undergraduate course at WWU. I feel nervous and excited and twisted up all at once. This summer I want to prove to myself that I can be a grad student, teacher and scholar (though I seem to have everyone else convinced...I'm just not sure yet).

You little blog will be my creative outlet, my source of joy and beauty and wonder in the world. Sounds like a big job, I know, but you can do it. We can do it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment